The LIBER Architecture Group (LAG) brings librarians together with building projects, and helps to focus concepts and planning processes.
The group furthers the exchange of experience between librarians and architects throughout Europe and attempts to raise the level of awareness of new projects and trends. This is done through our seminars, and via a digital database of Library Buildings in Europe documenting new buildings, renovations, refurbishments and extensions.
LIBER’s Architecture Group will hold its 20th seminar on Designing for Learning and Scholarship at The University of Luxembourg Learning Center, Belval Campus, on 1-3 April 2020.
More information will follow shortly.
Budapest & Debrecen 2008
- Documentation (Building on Experience: Learning from the Past to Plan for the Future) // order form
- Additional Material
- Documentation (Changing Needs – Changing Libraries: documentation of new library buildings in Europe) // order form
- Furtherance of academic excellence: documentation of new library buildings in Cambridge, Wilson, Alison; Mittler, Elmar // fulltext / order form
- Papers from this seminar are available in LIBER Quarterly (Vol 14, No 2, 2004)
- Documentation (The Renaissance of the Library – adaptable library buildings: Documentation of new library buildings in Europe) // order form
- Papers from this seminar are available in LIBER Quarterly (Vol 12, No 1, 2002)
- Documentation – (The Effective Library – Vision, Planning Process, and Evaluation : Documentation of new library buildings in Europe) // order form
- Papers from this seminar are available in LIBER Quarterly (Vol 10, No 2, 2000)
- Preview of documentation:
The Open Library – Financial and Human Aspects : Documentation of the new library buildings in Europe. Edited by Ewa Kobierska-Maciuszko for the LIBER Architecture Group Seminar, Warsaw 12-14 April 2000. Warsaw: The Warsaw University Library, 2000
- Papers from this seminar are available in LIBER Quarterly (Vol 9, No 1, 1999)
The Multi-Functional Library : proceedings of the LIBER Architecture Group seminar, London 20-24 April 1998
- Papers from this seminar are available in LIBER Quarterly (Vol 7, No 1, 1997)
- Preview of Documentation
The Post-Modern Library between Functionality and Aesthetics : proceedings of the seminar of the LIBER Architecture Group, Paris 22-26 January 1996 (edited by Marie-Françoise Bisbrouck and Elmar Mittler). The LIBER Quarterly Vol.7/1997 No. 1, special issue (ISBN 3-201-01676-4)
Barcelona, 1993; Bavaria, 1990; Wien, Graz, Salzburg, 1988, Stockholm, 1985; Leiden, 1982; Heidelberg, 1980; and Rome…; and Lausanne 1971