We collaborate with our network of 450 libraries to reach the goals of our powerful 2018-2022 Strategy.
We apply our influence to ensure that research library priorities rank highly on the agendas of our universities and the European Union, and we actively develop current and future library leaders through our conferences, workshops and seminars.
The benefits of joining LIBER are outlined in our 2020 Network Guide.
They include the opportunity to join many events at a 25-50% discount, or exclusively as part of the LIBER network. For example:
- Annual Conference — Join us for presentations, workshops and networking at LIBER 2020. Normally our Annual Conference is an in-person event but this year, due to the coronavirus, it is taking place virtually.
- Leadership Programmes — We run the LIBER Journées and Emerging Leaders programmes, which help library staff and directors develop their leadership skills.
- Architecture Seminar — Advance your knowledge of library building projects and trends. The 20th LIBER Architecture Seminar, Designing for Learning & Scholarship, will be in Luxembourg in 2021.
Other ways to make the most of LIBER include:
- Working Groups — Broaden your network and share knowledge by joining one of our Working Groups.
- Voting Rights — Vote on key issues or be nominated to the Executive Board. The next Meeting of Participants will be held at our 2020 Annual Conference (voting is only for Participants in the institutional and organisational categories).
- Publication Opportunities – Share your work and best practices in LIBER Quarterly, our Open Access journal.
Participants also benefit from our resources — reports, case studies, webinars — and our advocacy work, which ensures that research library priorities rank highly on the agendas of our universities and the European Union.
Additionally, we represent the perspectives of research libraries by taking part in strategic, innovative projects, and by including our Participants as project partners whenever possible.
From 2020, LIBER Partcipants will benefit from more services and activities. These include:
- Mid-term Event giving an additional opportunity to network and learn as a community.
- Projects Database to which Participants can add their skills and project ambitions. This information will be used to identify and invite Participants to become official project partners when we apply for projects. The database will also help us to spot more opportunities, based on the profiles of our libraries.
- More Frequent Webinars on topics of interest to research libraries.