This webinar is the second part of the 2-webinar series “Leadership in Times of Crisis” organized by LIBER Leadership Programmes Working Group.COVID-19 has created a new reality for leaders. They had to address the discomfort and fear caused by the pandemic overnight and think creatively of solutions in the moment of crisis.
Research Libraries, like other organizations, are facing hard choices around which services to offer to minimize the risk to their staff, communities and business operations.
Flexible leaders who can adapt and guide organizations and staff, offer hope, build communities and see new possibilities are needed more than ever. This webinar series provides an opportunity to learn about what other peer leaders are doing and exchange views to learn from each other.
In the second webinar, speakers will share their experience on communicating with teams. How can leaders create clarity, build resilience, and catalyze positive change? We end the webinar by presenting new challenges likely to occur in the Post-COVID-19 Recovery period.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Library Leaders
- Professionals who are committed to developing their leadership and business knowledge to position their organizations to navigate uncertainty and disruption.
- Engaged leaders who want to increase their knowledge and organizational impact.
- Emerging leaders who take responsibility for leading an organization through times of crisis.
- Anyone interested in Leadership in Times of Crisis
Part 1: Communication in a time of crisis
- Elke Ghesquière: Head of 2Bergen libraries – KU Leuven, Belgium
- Emma Nolin: Head of Information resources and scholarly publishing – Malmö University Library, Sweden
- Marc Cohen: Head of Library Resources and Collections – Queen Mary University of London, UK
Part 2: What do we achieve? New challenges leading into the Post-Covid Recovery!
- Núria Casaldàliga: Director of the libraries- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Claire Knowles: Head of Research Support and Digital Libraries – The University of Leeds, UK
- Fiona Morley: Head of Digital Programmes and Information Systems – Maynooth University Library, Ireland
Catriona Cannon: Deputy Librarian- Bodleian Libraries, University of Oxford, UK, and member of LIBER Leadership WG.
ABOUT THE PROJECT:The speakers are a group of library emerging leaders who joined LIBER Emerging Leadership Programme – Cohort 5. The project is being coordinated by Najmeh Shaghaei, member of LIBER Leadership Working Group.
30 November 2020 at 14:00 CET
Sign up for this webinar here.